ENTJ as fuck

Myers-Briggs Type Indicator is a personality test that, after giving you a long-ish list of questions, tells you how you perceive the world and deal with problems.

MBTI has 16 personality types and they are divided by 4 dichotomies.

E/I - Extroverted and Introverted
N/S - iNtuitive and Sensing
T/F - Thinking and Feeling
J/P - Judging and Perceiving

There are ISFJs, ENFPs, ENTPs, ISTPs, get it?
Just interchange the letters and voila! A different type.

My type is ENTJ, and yes I am ENTJ as FUCK.

LET ME TELL YOU WHY ENTJs ARE THE BEST!!!

ENTJs are all about being the best most awesome humans on the planet. ENTJs are leaders, problem solvers, visionaries, achievers, creators, directors. In the entire population of the world (at least those that took the MBTI), only 3% are ENTJs. Because of course. It takes DEDICATION to be an ENTJ.

Let me list down some famous ENTJs, you probably know them: Steve Jobs. Julius FUCKING Caesar, hmm? Napoleon "The Emperor" Bonaparte??? Bill "HE MADE MICROSOFT" Gates?!? YEAH. Ringing any bells, sir? ENTJs fucking change the world, man.

Okay, lemme get into the letters, mah men. Because wow explaining MBTI is actually a really long process.

ENTJs are extroverted, so we talk to people and love interacting with people. I loooove hanging out with people and engaging with them. Ask my friends, I am annoying as fuck! I also value the community and really take my time to talk to people and expand my network.

Intuitive means that ENTJs focus on the realm of the mind. The thoughts. Theories and the vision. Lots of people tell me that my head is in the clouds, well fuck those guys lol cause they JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND ME, OKAY?! LEAVE ME ALONE.

ENTJs are Thinkers, we value objectivity and logic. Intelligence. You know, I hate admitting that I'm smart. It's something I read about ENTJs, that they're really intelligent. I mean, people tell me I am, but I'm not allowed to fucking say that I am. It's so ridiculous. What is humility anyway?! IT'S JUST A WAY FOR PEOPLE TO CONTROL YOUR SELF-ESTEEM, DON'T LET THEM CONTROL YOU.

Judgers are JUDGY. I AM JUDGING YOU RIGHT NOWW. But it actually means that they are more likely to want to set down a plan, or take action. I think it's easier to contrast it to Perceivers, who are LAYABOUTS AND ONLY REACT TO THINGS. UGH. DO SOMETHING, PERCEIVERS.

Now MBTI types go beyond just the 4 letters. Actually, the 4 letters are fucking bullshit. What REALLY matters are the functions BEHIND the letters!! Omg omgomg, time to geek the fuck out.

There are 8 functions.

Te / Ti - Extroverted/Introverted Thinking
Fe / Fi - Extroverted/Introverted Feeling
Se / Si - Extroverted/Introverted Sensing
Ne / Ni - Extroverted/Introverted Intuition

An ENTJs ~function stack~ looks like this:

Te - Ni - Se - Fi

An ENTJ's primary function (oh man here we go) is Extroverted Thinking (Te). Extroverted Thinking is a function that deals with the external world. It deals with problems and how to solve them. Te focuses on empirical evidence and by looking at the parts of a problem to understand how to solve them.

The primary function of each type is their SUPERPOWER. Which means that it is the strongeesst as fuck function and they spend majority of their lives practicing, executing, doing THAT function.

Now, I share this primary function with my good friends, the ESTJs. ENTJs and ESTJs are both extremely career-driven types. They focus on solving problems, and since they are Extroverted they tend to take the lead. I've met 2 ESTJs in my life and I get along pretty well with them. I just have to kinda pander to them a bit, cause they have a thing for being the authority.

ENTJ's secondary function is Introverted Intuition (Ni). Which is a really ANNOYING FUNCTION. Because if you search online for an explanation of the function, the internet is going to give you some mystical bullshit about how magic happens in the brain and then suddenly you get an idea. Ni knows things before even knowing them, OH MY GOD, IT'S FUCKING BULLSHIT.

This is why people don't understand me. Because my ideas come out of bumfuck nowhere, BUT FOR SOME REASON they make SOME KIND OF SENSE HAHAHA IT'S STUPID.

Okay, lemme try to explain it. Ni looks at the underlying patterns in the world and creates a framework for how the world -definitely based on the patterns- works. It's pretty hard to explain, Ni deals with gut feelings and an internal understanding of how the world works. Introverted Intuition is always trying to look at the "BIGGER PICTURE", which is why ENTJs are so obsessed with their Vision. Ni backs up my Te. So my vision for the world backs up my ability to go out there and make a difference!

My third function is Extroverted Sensing. Which means that while I'm not actively working on something, or not thinking about the future. I'd be conscious of how I exist in the physical realm.

Se deals with experiencing sensations in the external world. How one appears to others, style of dress, how one carries themselves; and also to sensual experiences, like eating food or lifting weights. I don't think about my image a lot, because it isn't really what drives me. But I do pay attention to it, especially when it comes to being professional, and looking the part.

Being the third function, it isn't really paid attention to much, but it's something that one would be conscious of.

An ENTJs last function FUCKS THEM UP. Introverted Feeling (Fi) deals with the feelings one has inside.

You know, I don't even know how to describe it without being condescending. It deals with feeeelings, awww. Feely feelings, hoohoo. How do you feel, Vinny? You alright? :^)

ENTJs suck at dealing with their own feelings, they would rather push them away and ignore them in favor of what is logical and what makes SENSE. But lately, I've been really trying to get in touch with my Fi and try to understand what it's trying to tell me. I mean..

I've kinda been ignoring how I really felt about a lot of things. I just focused on work or trying to get things done. I never really listened to myself, or how I honestly felt about the circumstances that I was in.. I took the time to listen though, and it really made me think. Am I losing myself? What am I doing here? By getting in touch with my true feelings, I was actually able to stand up for myself. I was able to tell people that no. This is not what I wanted. I don't like it. Honestly, I'm so tired of it.

I actually just made a huge life decision recently and I was helped by my Fi. I was able to convince myself fully that the decision I made was in my best interest. I don't regret making that decision one bit, because I really took the time to listen to my heart and how I felt about what path I was taking with my life. In the end, I'm actually really glad that I was honest with my feelings. I think a huge part of me is grateful that I was brave enough to go through with what I did.

Shoutout to my INFP friend, haha. Your primary Fi helped me get in touch with my inferior Fi.

But yeah...

MBTI types are really fun because they tell us about ourselves. They help us identify the parts of ourselves that we are maybe not able to articulate or are too afraid to declare. They tell us about our strengths and our weaknesses, and give us a clue as to how we can best use our talents.

I mean, obviously we should take these descriptions with a grain of salt. But WHATEVER, LANCE.

Thanks for reading, this entry was kind of a roller coaster and kinda dumb also, I didn't even get really deep into MBTI haha DON'T GET ME STARTED ON LOOPS AND GRIPS! HAHAHA

Take the test! It's really fun and I hope you'll enjoy MBTI as much as I do.

http://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

Comments

Popular Posts